According to the United Nations Human Development Index, Norway has achieved the highest level of human development in the world today. High levels of wealth redistribution, strong institutions, and political stability supported by a bounty of the world’s highest quantity of per capita “natural capital”, has made this significant social achievement a reality. But looking at Norwegian society through the lens of several foreign individuals’ experience, the darker side of a society that has become a model in which others romanticise, emulate and aspire is uncovered.
By looking at the relationship between ethnic homogeneity, wealth redistribution and discrimination, a difficult question is asked. In a society built on values of egalitarianism, are some more equal than others?
Selected media coverage
- Circus Bazaar Magazine: Is Norway`s Criminalisation Of The Homeless Racist?
- Vice World News: Batons and Starlight Tours: Norwegian Police Accused of Breaking Anti-Torture Conventions
- National Swedish TV: Oslo Police fined for torture-like practices
- Circus Bazaar Magazine: “Norwegian Police filmed.” Article 3 – Inhuman or Degrading treatment?
- Aftenposten Norway: Lars Gule describes Police actions as Torture
- TV2 Norway: Case against the Police officers dropped by Norwegian Bureau for the Investigation of Police Affairs
- Nettavisen Norway: Norwegian news source headlines victom of Police brutality as a Shit Bag